Perceiving, Preserving and Distributing the Message of Srimad Bhagavatam
Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 2.7.51 | February 21, 2016 |
English; Hyderabad, Telangana, IndiaPlay (1 h 11 m) Download (32.9 MB)
November 13, 2011 |
Question: I am a Sri Vaisnava. Following is my question: Durga is one of the goddess of material world. But Adisankaracarya told that Durga is the supreme goddess. In Bhagavad-gita, it is clearly mentioned that Lord Narayana is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then why Adisankaracarya is not agreeing that.
January 13, 2011 |
English; Dwaraka, Gujarat, India
July 23, 2016 |
English with Русский translation; Moscow, Russia
December 15, 2013 |
English with தமிழ் translation; Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
August 12, 2016 |
English; Seattle, USA
September 27, 2011 |
English; Valsad, Gujarat, India
July 28, 2011 |
Question: All that has happened in the world during the financial crisis has made me feel a kind of hopelessness that I have never experienced before. I talk to many people during the day, and so many seem to feel lost as I do, because of the recent (3 years) kaos of seemingly collapsing economies around the world.… Expand>
All that has happened in the world during the financial crisis has made me feel a kind of hopelessness that I have never experienced before. I talk to many people during the day, and so many seem to feel lost as I do, because of the recent (3 years) kaos of seemingly collapsing economies around the world.
I have always had some kind of hopefulness depite all that the world churns out. But this time, its as if all the goodnesss that people have tried to do has been stamped on and negated by the tremendous greed and lawlessness of the various ruling elites including governments and corporations and political so called leaders.
I feel I have been aimless since this series of "events." and its hard to make sense of how to live in the world. I am not prone to depression and I have had a lot of "success" in life, but somehow, its hard to ignore what is happening in the world today–it feels a lot more kaotic than in the past. I feel that
somehow I need to be involved in organizing a response to what is happening and help to be part of making it better. What can I do to get grounded again and help somehow?
October 24, 2011 |
Question: I am sorry to bother you, but I have some questions about painting and drawing Krsna consciousness themes. 1) Srila Prabhupada said that Krsna is never alone, but some of the pictures in BBT books shows Krsna with flute (beautiful painting by Pariksit das,1981) with peacock, cow, calf, parrot, holding Govardhana, Damodara tasting butter etc. Should cow, flute etc. be considered… Expand>
I am sorry to bother you, but I have some questions about painting and drawing Krsna consciousness themes.
1) Srila Prabhupada said that Krsna is never alone, but some of the pictures in BBT books shows Krsna with flute (beautiful painting by Pariksit das,1981) with peacock, cow, calf, parrot, holding Govardhana, Damodara tasting butter etc. Should cow, flute etc. be considered as Krsna`s devotees, so actually He is not alone on painting, or such scene is not bonafide. I started to paint Lord Krsna holding Govardana hill, but composition of painting don`t allow me to paint no one else but peacock or cow.
2) You said once that early paintings, untill 1977, have much lighter tones then paintings made later. I am doing portraits of Srila Prabhupada in charcoal, and pastel, and I saw this drawing (made by Dridha Mataji). It`s rather dark, but i like it.I would like to try that white chalk on black paper. Is it too dark? http://www.drdhaarts.com/portfolio/images/port/sp9.jpg
3) Is it OK to put miniature clay dolls representing Krsna, gopis, cowherd boys, pecocks etc. on halava made Govardhana hill, during Govardhana puja celebration, or should that hill be made of rice with eyes and mouth (like traditionally).
4) Is it OK to let children play with such dolls representing Lord Nrisimhadeva, Prahlada Maharaja, characters from Krsna lila, although they might break them, throw them or step on them.
5) Sometimes when drawing Srila Prabhupada with charcoal or pastel I need to blow on the picture to remove extra charcoal dust. Should I use some small ventilator instead?^ Show less
May 1, 2016 |
Question: Do devotees get influenced by the three modes of material nature?… Expand>
Do devotees get influenced by the three modes of material nature?
ANSWER by HH Bhakti Vikāsa Swami:
“Do devotees get influenced by the three material modes of nature? Well, do you? You are a devotee. Do you get influenced?
Sometimes. You are doing better than most of us.
māṁ ca yo 'vyabhicāreṇa
sa guṇān samatītyaitān
Kṛṣṇa says: “One who engages in unflinching, unalloyed … ”
What’s the word Prabhupāda uses?
“Undistracted devotional service to Me transcends the modes of material nature, becomes completely fixed on the transcendental platform.” Unalloyed. “One who engages in My unalloyed devotional service.” (BG 14.26)
So, yeah. We are also influenced by the modes of material nature, but we should practise Kṛṣṇa consciousness very seriously and then gradually we will become free from that influence.”^ Show less
English; Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
February 12, 2011 |
Question: What to do if husband is new in Krishna consciousness and wife is in bhakti since 3 years, and she can’t convince her husband about no illicit sex? What should she do if her husband is ready to do everything in bhakti but not to have a control in this regard?
March 4, 2011 |
Question: I heard from some devotee that everything present here in this world is the perverted form or the reflection of the original things present in the spiritual world. So please explain me the positive form of sex and sexual desires.
February 1, 2013 |
English; Trivandrum, Kerala, India
October 6, 2013 |
English; Manchester, England
December 10, 2014 |
English; Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
September 4, 2015 |
English; Bhaktivedanta Manor, England
February 2, 2014 |
English; Rajapur, West Bengal, India
August 21, 2016 |
English; Inish Rath, Ireland
March 11, 2012 |
Question: We see that many people who earn lots of money by wrong practices, donate good amount in our society. How should we consider them, devotee or demon? And is it right to accept donations from them?
January 6, 2012 |
English; Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, India