Prabhupada: Now our, our preaching is, "Here is the controller." Now, you may take it or not take it. That is different thing. But we say, "Here is the controller." Krishna Tiwari: Only difference of opinion is this, that, uh, one... Oh, you say or I say, it doesn't matter. It's not reflected to you. Anybody who says that they know about God, they have actually no
- This Bhagavad-gita is the science of Krsna consciousness. No one can become Krsna conscious simply by mundane scholarship. One must be fortunate enough to associate with a person who is in pure consciousness. A Krsna conscious person has realized knowledge, by the grace of Krsna, because he is satisfied with pure devotional service. By realized knowledge, one becomes
- When Srila Prabhupada first began lecturing in New York in 1966, he would often attack the Mayavadi impersonalists in his talks, and not understanding this I joked with friend: "Mayavadi? When was the last time you saw a Mayavadi?" None of us could understand who Srila Prabhupada was talking about; we all thought that the Mayavadis were a little group of philosophers
- Especially instruction are given to men. All literatures, all Vedic literatures, they are especially meant for instruction to the men. Woman is to follow the husband, that's all. The husband will give instruction to the wife. There is no such thing as the girl should go to school to take brahmacari-asrama or go to spiritual master to take instruction. That is not
- You have seen the picture, Krsna, Vrndavana picture, Krsna's father transferring Krsna — they were going on bullock carts, no motorcar. You have seen the picture. So formerly, transport was bullock carts. The cows and the bulls, the bulls were employed for agricultural purpose, for drawing the carts. So there was no necessity of motorcar. Now you have got motorcar
- Those who are actually engaged in Krsna consciousness, in devotional service, associate with them. Don't think that at home you will be perfect. That is not possible. At home there is no such facilities. Here you will get the facilities. Here the devotees, they are actually following the instruction of mad-asrayah, one who has taken the shelter. They are rising early
- Your case largely rests on the assumption that the CPO is highly trustworthy, makes no mistakes, and has no bias or political agenda. A different picture of the CPO appears in at least two articles (posted on this website, Sampradaya Sun), which I urge readers of this letter to peruse.
- There are many horrible things going on the world. One of them which is widespread in the modern world and has also severely impacted ISKCON is child abuse. Although within our society now there are all kinds of systems that are meant to prevent that, it seems that it is impossible to totally prevent.
- In the list of the ten kinds of offenses in chanting the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hare Krsna, the eighth offense is dharma-vrata-tyaga-hutadi-sarva-subha-kriya-samyam api pramadah. One should never consider the chanting of the holy name of Godhead equal to pious activities like giving charity to brahmanas or saintly persons, opening charitable
- Brahmananda: ...Calcutta, on the Maidan, there's that big building, that big memorial. Is that... Prabhupada: Oh, Victoria Memorial. Brahmananda: That was built for the king when he was coming? Prabhupada: No, that was built in memory of Victoria. It was done imitating the Taj Mahal. It took twenty years. Sir Rajendra Nath Mukherjee of Martin Company, he took the