Krishna Conscious Paintings and Dolls
ASK BVKS | October 24, 2011 |
I am sorry to bother you, but I have some questions about painting and drawing Krsna consciousness themes.
1) Srila Prabhupada said that Krsna is never alone, but some of the pictures in BBT books shows Krsna with flute (beautiful painting by Pariksit das,1981) with peacock, cow, calf, parrot, holding Govardhana, Damodara tasting butter etc. Should cow, flute etc. be considered as Krsna`s devotees, so actually He is not alone on painting, or such scene is not bonafide. I started to paint Lord Krsna holding Govardana hill, but composition of painting don`t allow me to paint no one else but peacock or cow.
2) You said once that early paintings, untill 1977, have much lighter tones then paintings made later. I am doing portraits of Srila Prabhupada in charcoal, and pastel, and I saw this drawing (made by Dridha Mataji). It`s rather dark, but i like it.I would like to try that white chalk on black paper. Is it too dark? http://www.drdhaarts.com/portfolio/images/port/sp9.jpg
3) Is it OK to put miniature clay dolls representing Krsna, gopis, cowherd boys, pecocks etc. on halava made Govardhana hill, during Govardhana puja celebration, or should that hill be made of rice with eyes and mouth (like traditionally).
4) Is it OK to let children play with such dolls representing Lord Nrisimhadeva, Prahlada Maharaja, characters from Krsna lila, although they might break them, throw them or step on them.
5) Sometimes when drawing Srila Prabhupada with charcoal or pastel I need to blow on the picture to remove extra charcoal dust. Should I use some small ventilator instead?
August 3, 2011 |
Question: I have a question and I would be grateful should you be able to answer it for me. Why does ISKCON not accept Evolution which has withstood criticism for over 150 years? I have read some of the works of Cremo & Thompson yet I cannot but be surprised at how evolution is not accepted within ISKCON?
January 5, 2017 |
English; Kutralam, Tamil Nadu, India
May 16, 2014 |
English; ISKCON Silicon Valley, USA
October 26, 2013 |
English; Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
August 7, 2017 |
English; Gauragrama, Telangana, India
February 8, 2015 |
English; Secunderabad, Telangana, India
September 29, 2014 |
English; Hyderabad, Telangana, India
November 29, 2007 |
English; Salem, Tamilnadu, India
September 22, 2013 |
English; Almviks, Sweden
August 6, 2013 |
English; Lika, Croatia
May 27, 2006 |
English; Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
October 20, 2015 |
English; Nanda Gokulam, Telangana, India
May 14, 2014 |
English; London, England
February 12, 2014 |
English with தமிழ் translation; Batticaloa, Sri Lanka
August 30, 2014 |
English; Zurich, Switzerland
May 14, 2011 |
English; Guruvayur, Kerala, India
July 20, 2014 |
English with Русский translation; Dobromysh, Tatarstan, Russia
April 26, 2011 |
September 18, 2011 |
Question: While discussing with my wife, she asked–like we say, the karmas of the past decide the next birth and we say, marriage is decided in heaven–pair is made in heaven, how and what are the criteria, who would become husband and who the wife?