Srila Prabhupada: In my young days we had one teacher. Whenever there was any misbehavior between the boys, the teacher would stop them and bring them out to the front of the class. He would make them stand face-to-face and each take hold of the ears of the other and on his order make them pull. So the one, he is pulling, and the other is hurting, so he pulls
- The instruction given in my books is supposed to be personal instruction. When we read the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, it is understood that we are receiving personal instructions of Krsna. No physical barrier is there in the case of spiritual affairs.
- So far body is concerned, you get all things supplied by God. You have got enough grains. You have got enough fruit. You have got enough milk. You have got everything enough. You eat it, live peacefully. Because what is my want of this body? Ahara-nidra-bhaya-maithunam ca. Oh, you can eat. Ahara means eating. So you can eating suffi..., you can eat sufficiently. Nidra. You can make
- Once a devotee asked, "Srila Prabhupada, we're sitting in these rice fields, and you've asked us to build a city. Where is all the money going to come from?" Srila Prabhupada laughed. "You are always worried about where the money will come from. Here we have Radha-Madhava. 'Madhava' means the husband of the goddess of fortune. You just worship Radha-Madhava nicely, and everything will come by Their mercy. You don't have to worry about money."
- This Krsna consciousness movement is the greatest boon to humanity because it keeps one always engaged in Krsna's service. The devotees think of Krsna, act for Krsna, eat for Krsna, sleep for Krsna and work for Krsna. Thus everything is engaged in the service of Krsna. A total life in Krsna consciousness saves one from material contamination.
- If one does not understand in the beginning but continues to hear again and again, the wonderful effects of Lord Caitanya's pastimes will bring love for Krsna. Gradually one will come to understand the loving affairs between Krsna and the gopis and other associates of Vrndavana. Everyone is advised to continue to hear over and over again in order to greatly benefit.
- Acyutananda: ...stuff His ears up when anyone would refer to Him as God. He wants to be known as a devotee. But we worship Him as God, in the same line as Radha-Krsna. So how do we understand that Lord Caitanya doesn't want to be praised as God, but we worship Him as such? Prabhupada: That is a warning to the future fools and rascals that even God does not like to be addressed as God, but we address Him...
- Lord Caitanya, to do the best service to the humanity, that is His order. He was so much compassionate with the human society. So by His grace, His philosophy, His teachings are now being spread in the Western countries. And I have taken up the humble responsibility. Please help me. You'll be happy. It is such a nice movement. So Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He was also humanitarian. He's not a religionist. He was not meant for preaching a particular cult...