There is no different between Rama and Krsna. Krsna is also param brahma, and Rama is also param brahma. We Vaisnava, we have equal faith and obeisances to all visnu-murtis, ramadi-murtisu, Rama, Nrsimha, Varaha, Narayana, Mahavisnu… There are advaitam acyutam anadim ananta-rupam [Bs 5.33]. But we Gaudiya Vaisnava or Madhva-Gaudiya Vaisnava, we are worshiper of […]
- Ramacandra’s life, God’s activities, pastimes, if we hear, that means we are associating with Ramacandra. There is no difference between His form, His name, His pastimes, and Himself. He’s absolute. Therefore either you chant the holy name of Rama or you see the statue of Rama or you talk of His pastimes, transcendental pastimes, everything, […]
- Dr. Patel … raised the topic of fasting for Rama-navami, suggesting that one should fast throughout the night, until the following morning. A devotee volunteered that we fasted until sunset. Prabhupada agreed but added, “If one can continue until the next morning, that’s all right.” Later, I asked Prabhupada when we should actually break the […]
- Preaching is independent. If you have got desire, you can preach in any circumstances and Krsna will help you. I have practically experienced. I went to your country without any help, without any money, alone. And gradually things developed. [break] …all foreigners. I did not approach any Indian. I did not approach anyone, but Krsna […]
- Regarding your wish to be married with a Krsna conscious family, that is nice. You will have your nice, fixed-up wife, and you will be happy working hard for Krsna together. I never discourage marriage, providing it is for Krsna’s service and not for simply sex life. It is always meant for a higher purpose. […]
- The following is a composite of the edited transcripts of four lectures on the topic of forgiveness given by His Holiness Bhakti Vikāsa Mahārāja in Russia 2019. In the eleventh chapter of Bhagavad-gītā, after seeing Kṛṣṇa display His universal form, Arjuna had a profound realization that he was very small and insignificant compared to Him, the […]
- Good news for the new year. We are releasing complete audio archive of HH Bhakti Vikas Maharaj on the occasion of 59th vyasa-puja festival of Maharaj at Somnath (Gujarat) to be held on 23rd January 2016. 5000+ lectures including about 2000 never released recordings. Book your order now to receive it at vyasa-puja festival or to get it delivered at your place.
- We have received overwhelming response of devotees from all over the world who regularly listen to the lectures of HH Bhakti Vikas Maharaj using the website. Since the inception of the new website on Radhastami 2013, there are over one million downloads and plays of lectures. Many devotees find the guidance given in these lectures enlivening in their progress of Krsna consciousness. Hope you are also being benefitted by this humble service.
- We are pleased to announce the launch of 24/7 Online radio station called "Bhakti Vikasa Swami Radio". On this station, you can hear Maharaj's lectures non-stop throughout the day. Special lectures will be played based on the festival or appearance/disappearance days of previous acharyas. The 24/7 Online radio is available on this page.
- I left my home, my children and everything. I came here as a pauper, with seven dollars. That is no money. But I have got now big properties, hundreds of children. [laughter] And I haven’t got to think for their provision. They are thinking of me. So that is Krsna’s favor. In the beginning, it appears to be very […]
- Revolutionary public program was organized in Sinhalese area in a town near Kandy in Central Province of Sri Lanka. Just a few years ago, when the civil war between Sinhalese (Buddhist) and Tamils was raging, nobody would imagine that a Hare Krishna program would be held in the heart of Buddhist culture in Kandy.
Vaiṣṇava Culture, Etiquette, and Behavior
- The highest stage of dharma, and therefore of human attainment, is Vaiṣṇavism, the culture of Kṛṣṇa consciousness. Therefore it is essential that every devotee learn and imbibe Vaiṣṇava culture, etiquette, and behavior—collectively known as sadācāra, or śiṣṭācāra—without which a devotee, even though intently engaged in activities of Kṛṣṇa consciousness, remains incomplete, similar to a beautiful person devoid of ornaments.
- Based on Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (1.17.38, 11.5.11), Śrīla Prabhupāda instituted as an initiation vow that all disciples follow four regulative principles: The beginning of religious life is to abandon the four principles of prohibited activities—namely illicit sex life, meat-eating, gambling, and intoxication. In our Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement, the requirement is that one must be prepared to give up the four pillars of sinful life—illicit sex, meat-eating, intoxication, and gambling.
- Public programs are an important means for presenting Kṛṣṇa consciousness to the general populace. Herein we provide some basic guidelines for the successful execution of such programs. All aspects of the function should be planned and executed in advance, so that as far as possible everything goes smoothly at the actual event. Especially major events require much planning and coordination to execute successfully. Visitors are likely to be impressed by efficient organization, but even one deficient feature can mar the...
Women: Masters or Mothers? — A book by HH Bhakti Vikasa Swami
- As a woman, there are 'n' number of things I have learnt by reading these two books of HH Bhakti Vikasa Swami—“Glimpses of Traditional Indian Life" and “Women: Mothers or Masters?” (now Mothers and Masters). Although I was raised in a "modern independent Indian environment” in which many things mentioned in those books are considered quite backward, after reading about exemplary women in the Bhagavatam, I feel that this is the actual (and natural) way for me to live,...