Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared in the land of Bharata-varsa, specifically in Bengal, in the district of Nadia, where Navadvipa is situated. It is therefore to be concluded, as stated by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, that within this universe this earth is the best planet and that on this planet the land of Bharata-varsa is the best; […]
- Just like a diseased person, the more he comes back to his health it becomes pleasing more and more; similarly, the more we come to Krishna Consciousness, certainly it will be pleasing, because Krishna is the Reservoir of all pleasure. From Srila Prabhupada’s letter to Umapati — London 8 November, 1969
- Because you have given your life to Krishna, you are already perfect. But it is just like the ocean, if you are swimming in it you may swim forever and not reach the shore. Similarly, there is no limit to the perfection of Krishna Consciousness. From Srila Prabhupada’s letter to: Abhirama — Vrindaban 27 November, […]
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami followed strictly Rupa Gosvami. Just like Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami introduced that a sannyasi should go for begging alms in motorcar. In motorcar! They should live in palatial buildings. Now if in this age if we follow that rupanuga . . . Srila Rupa Gosvami used to live underneath a tree, and […]
- When Krsna says, sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja [Bg. 18.66], He does not say only to Arjuna; He says to everyone. So that is Krsna’s desire, and if you want to serve Krsna, to fulfill His desire, that means you canvass everyone to surrender to Krsna. This is preaching. Krsna wants it. It is […]
- Any intelligent newcomer to ISKCON will surely want to check what he is getting into. On the internet can be found innumerable articles treating internal matters within ISKCON, mostly presented in a manner that would turn off any newcomer, or at least awaken in him a strong sense of doubt. Almost all these articles are […]
- When Rekha arrived with her small Deity of Krsna, we carefully considered the proper arrangements to make for the Deity’s worship. Finally it was decided that since Radha and Krsna were already on our altar, the next best place to situate her Deity would be in Prabhupada’s room, adjoining the temple room. But Srila Prabhupada was not at […]
- [Kardama Muni] looked healthy because he had directly received the nectarean sound vibrations from the lotus lips of the Personality of Godhead. Similarly, one who hears the transcendental sound vibration Hare Krsna also improves in health. We have actually seen that many brahmacaris and grhasthas connected with the International Society for Krishna Consciousness have improved in health, and a luster […]
- Good news for the new year. We are releasing complete audio archive of HH Bhakti Vikas Maharaj on the occasion of 59th vyasa-puja festival of Maharaj at Somnath (Gujarat) to be held on 23rd January 2016. 5000+ lectures including about 2000 never released recordings. Book your order now to receive it at vyasa-puja festival or to get it delivered at your place.
- We have received overwhelming response of devotees from all over the world who regularly listen to the lectures of HH Bhakti Vikas Maharaj using the website. Since the inception of the new website on Radhastami 2013, there are over one million downloads and plays of lectures. Many devotees find the guidance given in these lectures enlivening in their progress of Krsna consciousness. Hope you are also being benefitted by this humble service.
- We are pleased to announce the launch of 24/7 Online radio station called "Bhakti Vikasa Swami Radio". On this station, you can hear Maharaj's lectures non-stop throughout the day. Special lectures will be played based on the festival or appearance/disappearance days of previous acharyas. The 24/7 Online radio is available on this page.
- I left my home, my children and everything. I came here as a pauper, with seven dollars. That is no money. But I have got now big properties, hundreds of children. [laughter] And I haven’t got to think for their provision. They are thinking of me. So that is Krsna’s favor. In the beginning, it appears to be very […]
- Revolutionary public program was organized in Sinhalese area in a town near Kandy in Central Province of Sri Lanka. Just a few years ago, when the civil war between Sinhalese (Buddhist) and Tamils was raging, nobody would imagine that a Hare Krishna program would be held in the heart of Buddhist culture in Kandy.
Vaiṣṇava Culture, Etiquette, and Behavior
- The highest stage of dharma, and therefore of human attainment, is Vaiṣṇavism, the culture of Kṛṣṇa consciousness. Therefore it is essential that every devotee learn and imbibe Vaiṣṇava culture, etiquette, and behavior—collectively known as sadācāra, or śiṣṭācāra—without which a devotee, even though intently engaged in activities of Kṛṣṇa consciousness, remains incomplete, similar to a beautiful person devoid of ornaments.
- Based on Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (1.17.38, 11.5.11), Śrīla Prabhupāda instituted as an initiation vow that all disciples follow four regulative principles: The beginning of religious life is to abandon the four principles of prohibited activities—namely illicit sex life, meat-eating, gambling, and intoxication. In our Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement, the requirement is that one must be prepared to give up the four pillars of sinful life—illicit sex, meat-eating, intoxication, and gambling.
- Public programs are an important means for presenting Kṛṣṇa consciousness to the general populace. Herein we provide some basic guidelines for the successful execution of such programs. All aspects of the function should be planned and executed in advance, so that as far as possible everything goes smoothly at the actual event. Especially major events require much planning and coordination to execute successfully. Visitors are likely to be impressed by efficient organization, but even one deficient feature can mar the...
Women: Masters or Mothers? — A book by HH Bhakti Vikasa Swami
- As a woman, there are 'n' number of things I have learnt by reading these two books of HH Bhakti Vikasa Swami—“Glimpses of Traditional Indian Life" and “Women: Mothers or Masters?” (now Mothers and Masters). Although I was raised in a "modern independent Indian environment” in which many things mentioned in those books are considered quite backward, after reading about exemplary women in the Bhagavatam, I feel that this is the actual (and natural) way for me to live,...