Lord Siva is not an ordinary living being. He is the plenary portion of the Lord, but because Lord Siva is in direct touch with material nature, he is not exactly in the same transcendental position as Lord Visnu. The difference is like that between milk and curd. Curd is nothing but milk, and yet it cannot be used in place of milk.
- Even Brahma is bewildered, what to speak of ordinary men like us. So Krsna-lila, to understand... There is no need of understanding. Simply you love Krsna, then the whole business finished. Just like if you touch fire, if you understand it or not understand it, the warmness is there.
- Devotee's business is to glorify. He doesn't take any credit for himself. Actually, there is nothing to be taken credit. The all credit goes to Krsna. A devotee neither claims; neither it is possible. Even he may be very, very big devotee, he will never claim any credit for his glorious activities. His glorious activities means to make Krsna glorious.
- Guru-krpa: What if sometimes disciple, he may go to preach, but he's not preaching in the exact same spirit of his spiritual master? Prabhupada: Therefore he is not to be preached. Caitanya Mahaprabhu says, janma sarthaka kari' kara para-upakara: [Cc. Adi 9.41] "Go to do good to others. First of all you do good to yourself."
- Married life is not for sex indulgence. The principle of marriage is on the background of getting good children. So the householder is allowed to have sex life once in a month, just after the menstrual period. The menstrual period prolongs at least for 5 days, so after this 5 days, one can have sex life provided he desires to get a child.
- Even if an atheist is eager to perform social service, still one should not associate with him. Such persons can never attain realization of God or the soul. By rendering social service one will plummet into the pothole of his own maya and lead others into disastrous circumstances.
- (From Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura's commentary on Siksastaka, third sloka) The devotees who chant the holy name adorned with the above mentioned qualities never abandon the devotional process received from their guru in order to adopt new and divergent views. They do not fabricate concocted verses (padavali) and chant those in place of the Harinama maha-mantra.
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that a devotee does not care about his own happiness and distress; he is simply interested in seeing that Krsna is happy, and for that purpose he engages in various activities. A pure devotee has no way of sensing happiness except by seeing that Krsna is happy in every respect. If Krsna becomes happy by giving him distress, such a devotee accepts that unhappiness as the greatest of all happiness.
- Prabhupada: These things are not available in the Western countries. They do not know all these. Tamala Krsna: I don't think that there has ever been a personality who has ever given such a great gift to the Western world as yourself, Prabhupada. Prabhupada: Yes, actually that is the fact, but let them appreciate, that's all. Tamala Krsna: Gradually I think they all will. Some are now...
- Now we shall put this challenge against this wrong theory that life comes from matter. Undoubtedly matter has come from life, and we can present so many practical proofs of this. So let Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda think in their own chemical language how to push this fact to the scientific world. If by Krsna's grace they even partially admit it, it will be a great triumph. My point is even if they partially accept then they have to...